Sunday 14 June 2009

Synopsis of Friday and Saturday

(Photos here.)

I have some epicness to describe in the next post, so this will just be a summary of the first two days of the weekend. Otherwise, I'll miss these very important parts just because of today's awesomeness.

Friday
Went to Clapton Pond... just for the name of the pond. I sat in the park surrounding it, reading Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried, and I stayed there for longer than I expected. (Good read!) I took photos of the pigeons in the park but missed the one time that the whole lot of them flew off at one time. Then I got pizza on Lower Clapton Road before making my way back to London for the evening.

Saturday
1) Visited Oxford University on graduation day. We couldn't see everything because of the ceremonies, but we saw the campus and the surrounding town come to life because of them, so it was a fair trade-off.

2) C.J., Caitlin, and I went to The Eagle and Child, the pub where C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkein, and the rest of the Inklings met to discuss issues and stories. I could feel the 20th-century literature envelop me! It was the first highlight of the weekend.

3) Zach, the Sams, Katie, and I went to a Roots concert. They (Zach and Sam Leffers) say you can't call a concert "the best ever" until the day after. (Unless it was genuinely bad, it will feel like the best concert ever when you're leaving. No fail.) It's the day after now, and it was the best concert I've ever been to! Sure, I have limited experience with concerts, but still! It's hard to beat a drum routine like the one I heard last night.

Okay, now for Sunday. Next entry to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment